Wednesday, June 4, 2014

The Final Day



On our final full day in Paris, it rained pretty much from morning until evening. The skies must have been lamenting our imminent departure. We had another free day to do whatever we wanted, so some of us were going to go to the catacombs. The line was extremely long, however, and after standing in the pouring rain for about an hour without moving much, we gave it up and went to lunch instead.
                After this, Mason and I devoted the entire day to shopping for souvenirs and gifts since we hadn’t purchased much. It was a really fun day running from shop to shop, and although it was our last day, I was somewhat ready to go home. Every new experience is fun at first, but after a while, you begin to miss your regular comforts and normalcies.
                Looking back, the trip was such a wonderful opportunity that I am so glad that I got to be a part of. Going with this group of people was really fun, and we all really enjoyed each other’s company. It was a great way to see the city because we did something new and different every day. I really don’t feel like I missed out on anything in Paris, I think that I got the best experience that I could have. I would love to go back someday, but I know that it would be a different trip entirely without the same people around and staying in the same hotel and visiting all of the museums like we got to. It was such an amazing opportunity and I will forever cherish it.

No comments:

Post a Comment